Banana Bread kicked up a notch with Bacon, and who doesn’t love bacon!?!
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 over ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 strips of crumbled maple bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together with a mixer.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together wet ingredients.
- Add mixed wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until it becomes a batter.
- Add batter to Cast Iron Loaf Pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. The sides will start to release from the pan.
- Let cool for 20 minutes and then add to cooling rack.