Mary Todd Lincoln’s White Almond Cake was one of President Lincoln’s favorite desserts while he was dating Mary Todd. It is a really delicious sweet cake that is perfect topped with powdered sugar.
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons. baking powder
1 1/3 cups whole blanched almonds
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
1 1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease 10″ Cast iron skillet with butter cooking spray.
2. Combine flour and baking powder and set aside.
3. Add almonds to food processor and blend until it resembles a flour mixture.
4. Cream butter and sugar together then add almond extract.
5. Combine flour mixture with butter mixture and milk gradually mixing together.
6. Once all mixed, fold in almond flour mixture.
7. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Garnish with powdered sugar.