- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas halved crosswise and lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into 1 tablespoon pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine sugar, rum, water, cinnamon and salt to simmer in a 12″ Cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk frequently to until sugar has dissolved, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add bananas and cook 2-4 minutes and then flip and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove bananas and transfer to serving plates.
- Add butter and lemon juice to skillet and melt and whisk into existing mixture.
- Pour mixture over bananas and serve with ice cream.
Adapted from: Cook it in Cast Iron Cookbook