Skillet Caramel Brownies are so delicious. This recipe is inspired by my late Grandma. She would make Carmel Brownies for me from time to time and I loved them and her so much. This is a great yummy post dinner treat.
- 1 box german chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 11 oz bag caramels unwrapped
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake mix, 1 cup evaporated milk, butter and walnuts in a medium bowl and combine.
- Add half of the mixture to a greased 10″ Cast iron skillet and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat up caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk and stir until well combined and thickened.
- Pull out the Cast iron skillet of the oven and add 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
- Spread caramel mixture over the chocolate chips.
- Spoon dropfuls of the rest of the batter mix over the top. You do not need to spread.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and let sit until cooled.