Chocolate-Butterscotch Skillet Brownies excellent topped with ice cream and hot fudge and shared with family.
Chocolate-Butterscotch Skillet Brownies
- 12" cast iron skillet
- 1 cup butter unsalted
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 oz chocolate bar unsweetened; chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar firmly packed
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ⅔ cup flour all-purpose
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add 2 tablespoons butter to 12″ skillet and add to the oven to be preheated.
- In a pan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Let cool.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, eggs, vanilla until fluffy. You may need to use a mixer. Add flour and salt until mixed in well.
- Add chocolate mixture to the sugar mixture stirring until mixed well. Add butterscotch, chocolate chips and pecans. Add batter to skillet and bake 35-40 minutes.
- Top with ice cream.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.