Cast Iron Chocolate Lava Cakes are a rich and indulgent dessert that is easy to make and perfect for special occasions or a cozy night in.
These cakes are made by cooking a chocolate batter in a cast iron skillet, which creates a crisp exterior and a warm, gooey center. The molten chocolate center is the highlight of these cakes and is guaranteed to satisfy any sweet tooth. The result is a warm and decadent dessert that is sure to impress. Serve the cakes with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of warm caramel sauce for an even more indulgent treat.
Cast Iron Chocolate Lava Cakes
- cast iron drop biscuit pan
- ½ oz semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 18.3 oz fudge brownie mix
- Melt chocolate and whipping cream in a small bowl in the microwave. Then refrigerate mixture until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare Brownie mix as directed on the box and pour into mini skillets or a Cast Iron Lodge Drop Biscuit pan while adding a teaspoon of chocolate mixture in each.
- Bake for 16 minutes and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Serve with Ice Cream.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.