- 4 – granny smith apples
- 4 – honey crisp apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup old fashion rolled oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and slice apples and add to large mixing bowl.
- Mix ingredients for the filling in small mixing bowl.
- Combine filling mixture into large mixing bowl and stir until apples are coated.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, add ingredients for topping and combine until mixed well.
- Add apple mixture to 12″ cast iron skillet.
- Spread topping over apple mixture.
- Add to oven and bake for 30-40 minutes until the topping is slightly browned.