- 5-7 lb bone-in pork roast
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 28 oz beef broth
- 5 carrots cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 large russet potatoes diced
- 2 packets French onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- dried rosemary to taste
- Preheat oven to 225°F
- Season pork roast with salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried rosemary.
- Sear prepared pork roast on all sides in a 5 or 7 quart Dutch Oven with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add beef broth and bring to a boil, add carrots, potatoes, onion, parsley.
- Add Dutch oven covered to oven and let go for 6 hours.
- At the 6 hour mark, add French onion soup mix.
- Cover again and return to oven for another 2-3 hours until pork is tender and falls apart.