- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 bell peppers, chopped (I used green, yellow and red)
- 4 or 5 Italian sausages sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of uncooked rice (I used long grain rice)
- 3 cups of beef, chicken or vegetable broth (I used beef)
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers; cook for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sausage and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Add rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add broth and mix well. Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary. Cook uncovered, over medium-high heat, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- When the liquid has evaporated cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until rice is tender.