Perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Skillet Sausage, Peppers and Rice is a go-to for dinner.
Sausage, Peppers and Rice Skillet
- 12" Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 bell peppers green, red and yellow; sliced
- 1 onion diced
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 5 italian sausages sliced
- 1½ cups long grain rice uncooked
- 3 cups beef broth
- Add olive oil in a 12" cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers, season with salt and pepper
- Cook 3-5 minutes
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sausage and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add broth and mix well.
- Cook uncovered, over medium-high heat, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
Calories: 569kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 1134mg | Potassium: 512mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1863IU | Vitamin C: 80mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg