- 2 medium butternut squash split in half
- drizzle of maple syrup
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb country sausage
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 cup wild rice (cooked to package instructions)
- 1/2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup craisins
- Fresh cut parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush maple syrup and olive oil on freshly cut butternut squash and place face up in a 5 quart Dutch Oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- While baking, combine sausage, onion in a 12″ cast iron skillet and cook on stove top until sausage is no longer pink on the inside breaking up the clumps.
- Add curry, cinnamon, cayenne to sausage and onions let simmer for 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Combine the all stuffing ingredients into a medium mixing bowl.
- Gently scoop out butternut squash and add to stuffing mixture.
- Fill squash fill of stuffing and return to the oven for 30 minutes.
- Garish with fresh parsley.