- 5 bell peppers
- 1 lb. Italian ground sausage
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Italian blend cheese, divided
- Finely chopped parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350º. Slice off tops of bell peppers and remove the membranes and seeds.
- In a 12″ cast iron skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until browned.
- Add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and ½ cup cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Spoon sausage mixture into bell peppers and top with remaining cheese. Put the stuffed peppers in a skillet and bake until cheese is completely melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Top with parsley and serve.