Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Skillet is a flavorful and satisfying meal that’s perfect for any occasion.
This one-pan dish is loaded with juicy shrimp, smoky sausage, and colorful vegetables that are seasoned with a blend of fragrant spices, including Cajun seasoning, dried thyme, and oregano. The result is a delicious and aromatic dish that’s sure to please everyone at the table.
How to make it
To make this dish, you start by heating up some olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Then, you add the sliced sausage and cook it until it’s browned and crispy. Next, you add the diced bell peppers and onion and cook them until they’re soft and caramelized. Garlic is added next, which adds a pungent and savory flavor to the dish.
Once the vegetables are cooked, it’s time to add the shrimp to the skillet. The shrimp only takes a few minutes to cook, so be sure not to overcook it. Finally, you add the spices to the skillet and stir everything together until it’s well combined. A sprinkle of chopped parsley on top adds a pop of color and freshness to the dish.
Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Skillet is a versatile dish that can be served in a variety of ways. You can enjoy it on its own as a hearty main course, or serve it with rice, quinoa, or crusty bread to soak up all the flavorful juices. It’s also great for meal prep, as it reheats well and can be packed for lunch or enjoyed as a quick and easy dinner. Overall, Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Skillet is a delicious and satisfying meal that’s perfect for any occasion.
Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Skillet
- 12" Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 lb large shrimp raw, peeled and devined
- 14 oz sausage pork or chicken
- 2 zucchini medium, sliced
- 2 yellow squash medium, sliced
- ½ bunch asparagus sliced into thirds
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp Creole Cajun Seasoning
- In a large bowl add the shrimp, sausage, zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, bell pepper and sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Add olive oil and original creolle cajun seasoning and mix.
- Add to a 12" cast iron skillet and turn to medium high. Cook for about 8-10 minutes until the shrimp is pink and the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired and serve immediately.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.