- 4 eggs separated
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10-12 oz pitted cherries
- lemon zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar. Beat on medium/high for about 8 minutes.
- Add flour, almond extract and heavy whipping cream and mix until well combined.
- Add lightly beaten egg whites and mix until combined.
- Coat cast iron skillet with buttered cooking spray.
- Add a #8 (10″) cast iron skillet to oven and preheat for 5 minutes.
- Add cherries and lemon zest to bottom of skillet.
- Add batter to the top of cherries.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Top with powdered sugar.
Credit: Adapted from: Williams Sonoma Summertime Cast Iron Cooking Class.