Apple caramel skillet bake is a warm and comforting dessert that combines two classic flavors in one delicious dish. The dish is made by layering sliced apples in a cast iron skillet and drizzling caramel sauce on top.
The mixture is then baked in the oven until the apples are tender and the caramel is melted. The result is a warm and gooey apple dessert that is perfect for a cozy night in or for serving at a dinner party. Serve the apple caramel skillet bake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra special touch. With its sweet and slightly tart flavor, this dish is sure to become a new favorite in your dessert recipe collection.
Apple Caramel Skillet Bake
- 10" cast iron skillet
- pizza dough https://www.dutchovendaddy.com/quick-pizza-dough
- ½ cup cinnamon sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 apples finely chopped
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly oil a 10 inch skillet
- Cut dough into small pieces and roll into loose balls.
- Dredge dough in the cinnamon sugar making sure to completely cover.
- Place cinnamon balls in skillet making sure to push them close together to cover the whole skillet.
- In a separate skillet melt butter. Add cinnamon, brown sugar, salt and apples.
- Saute until apples are softened.
- Pour apple mixture on top of cinnamon balls and put in oven.
- Bake at 350 for 30 mins.Let cool and drizzle caramel on top.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.