Cast Iron Pizza will make pizza night a perfect gathering to enjoy with loved ones.
- 1 tablespoon rapid rising yeast
- 1 cup hot water from the tap
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-1/2 cups unbleached flour
- pizza Sauce
- favorite pizza toppings
- favorite pizza blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add yeast to a mixing bowl. Pour the 1 cup hot tap water over it and mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients and let the mixer run at medium speed until the dough clears the side of the bowl. The dough shouldn’t be sticky.
- Let dough rest in a bowl 15-20 minutes while you preheat the oven and prepare the toppings.
- On a large cast iron pizza pan or 14″ skillet, sprinkle cornmeal generously (this prevents sticking when fully cooked).
- With oiled hands, remove the dough from the bowl and pull/shape into a circle, then lay it on top of your cornmeal coated pan.
- Using a rolling pin or your hands, flatten and stretch the dough to fill the pan.
- Bake the dough for 10 minutes.
- Remove prebaked crust from the oven and spread with your toppings: sauce, shredded cheese, favorite toppings.
- Place topped pizza back into oven and bake for 10-15 minutes more, or until cheese is melted and toppings are browned.
- Slide the whole pizza from the pan to a cutting board and slice into pieces.