Delicious Skillet Apple Pie to bring to a party or share with friends. Serve with warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to take it this pie to the next level.
Skillet Apple Pie
Skillet Apple Pie
Servings: 8 people
- 10" cast iron skillet
- 2 pie crusts homemade or store bought
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled and sliced
- 3 Honeycrisp apples peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp butter cubed
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar divided
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp brown sugar to top on crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add apples to medium mixing bowl.
- Add to apples, maple syrup, brown sugar (reserving 1 tbsp), cinnamon and vanilla and butter cubes and mix well.
- Place bottom pie crust in 10" cast iron skillet.
- Spoon apple mixture inside the pie crust and cover with top crust making sure the pie has enough room to vent.
- Brush top crust with egg wash and sprinkle with 1 tbsp brown sugar.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let rest for 10 minutes to setup before serving.
Lattice Pattern: cut one pie crust into eight strips. Lay the first one down on one edge of the skillet. Lay another atop that one going the opposite direction. Repeat the up and down pattern, interlacing the pie crust strips to create a basket or lattice pattern. If not doing a lattice pattern, place 4 small decorative slits in the center of the top crust for venting. Adapted from Feeding the Frasers on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpuc5E1hsL4/)
Calories: 377kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 212mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg