- 2 granny smith apples peeled and sliced
- 3 honeycrisp apples peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg beaten
- Brown sugar to sprinkle on sprinkle on crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add apples to medium mixing bowl.
- Add in syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla and butter cubes and mix well.
- Place bottom pie crust in 10″ cast iron skillet.
- Lay apple mixture inside the pie crust and cover with top crust making sure the pie has enough room to vent.
- Brush top crust with egg wash and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Let rest for 10 minutes to setup before serving.
Adapted from Feeding the Frasers on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpuc5E1hsL4/)