Zucchini Potato Waffles are a great combination of garden vegetables that go great with Chicken Thighs.
Zucchini Potato Waffles
- 1 cast iron waffle iron
- 2 cups potatoes shredded
- 1 medium zucchini shredded
- ½ onion shredded
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- ½ cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper ground
- Preheat your waffle maker. If you are using an electric waffle maker with an adjustable heat setting, you want to set the heat pretty high. If you are lucky enough to be using a cast iron waffle maker on the stove top, set the burner to medium low, and then raise to medium just before you are ready to begin cooking.
- Also, preheat the oven to 170°F.
- Shred potatoes, zucchini, and onions in a food processor or on a box grater. Spread all the shredded vegetables on a kitchen towel, cover with a second towel, and press to remove excess moisture.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, salt, and pepper and whisk together.
- Then add eggs and garlic and whisk again to form a thick batter.
- Add shredded vegetables and mix with a spoon. It should initially look like there is barely enough batter to cover the vegetables, but the veggies will inevitably still release some moisture into the batter thinning it down slightly. Be sure to mix each time before adding batter to your waffle maker to ensure even consistency.
- Spray your waffle iron with a little non-stick spray and spoon your waffle batter on. Spread the batter before closing so that there is an even layer covering the entire iron. Cook as you would any other waffle. When fully cooked, remove and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.