Skillet Lamb Chops with a simple pan gravy is a delicious and easy dinner that is smothered in gravy is a delicious and easy-to-prepare recipe that is perfect for a special occasion or a cozy night in.
This dish features succulent lamb chops, seasoned with salt and pepper, and seared in a hot skillet until golden brown. The lamb chops are then covered in a rich and flavorful gravy. Serve these Skillet Lamb Chops with your favorite sides, like mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or crusty bread, for a complete and satisfying meal. This recipe is easy to make, yet elegant and flavorful, making it a great choice for entertaining or for a weeknight dinner. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or just starting out, this Skillet Lamb Chops recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves flavorful and tender meat dishes. So, preheat your skillet and get ready to serve up a delicious and satisfying meal!
Skillet Lamb Chops
- 12" Cast Iron Skillet
- 6 lamb chops (up to 8)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter (or olive oil)
- ¼ cup flour for gravy
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- Season each side of the lamb chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the canola oil to the hot skillet.
- Add lamb chops and sear for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat to medium, add butter (or olive oil.)
- Cover skillet with aluminum foil and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the chops; set aside and allow to rest.
- Whisk flour in skillet with drippings until gravy forms.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.