- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1/3 cup salsa or red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large 12″ cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl combine all of the spices.
- When the skillet is hot add in the chicken and spread into an even layer, then sprinkle with half of the spice blend.
- Sauté the chicken for approximately 3 minutes then add in the onion .
- Continue to cook for several more minutes or until the onion has softened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Lower the heat to medium and add in the remaining spice blend, sweet potato, cherry tomatoes, black beans, green chiles and salsa or enchilada sauce.
- Stir together and cook until the mixture is heated through, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Squeeze the lime juice over everything then top with the shredded cheese.
- Cover with a lid or lay a piece of foil on top of the skillet until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Credit: CrossKick (https://lindoncrosskick.com)