Spaghetti and meatballs is a classic Italian-American dish that has become a staple in households around the world.
The dish is made by cooking spaghetti noodles and serving them with large, tender meatballs made from a mixture of ground beef, pork, and spices. The meatballs are simmered in a flavorful tomato sauce, which is then served over the cooked spaghetti. This dish is a satisfying and hearty meal that is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or for feeding a crowd. It’s also easy to customize and make your own, with the option to add in your favorite herbs and spices to the meatball mixture or to the tomato sauce. With its classic combination of flavors and its comforting texture, spaghetti and meatballs is sure to be a hit with everyone in your family.
Skillet Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 12" Cast Iron Skillet
- 16 oz spaghetti
- 8 cups water cold
- 1 cup onion thinly diced
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes with basil
- 18 oz meatballs italian style pre-made
- 2 tbsp basil fresh
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes crushed
- In a 12 inch skillet add spaghetti, water, onion, garlic powder and salt together and cook noodles until al dente. Over medium heat.
- Drain all but 1 cup of water.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.