Skillet Chicken Pot Pie is the definition of comfort food. This is a very easy recipe that uses a rotisserie chicken.
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
- 10" cast iron skillet
- 8 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 12 oz mixed vegetables frozen
- 2 pie shells refrigerated
- 1 potato large, cooked halfway
- ½ cup milk
- 14.5 oz chicken broth
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Melt butter in large cast iron pan. Add flour, salt & pepper. Let cook for a few minutes slowly stirring it well.
- Add milk & chicken broth combining well and stir until thick & creamy. Remove from heat…add chicken and vegetables and if you do the optional potatoes.
- Put bottom crust in a 10″ cast iron skillet (cold). Pour in filling. Top with second crust and seal edges well. Cut a few slits in top so it can vent while baking.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30-45 minutes. (mine took the full 45 minutes) Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.