Dutch Oven Pot Roast is an awesome weekend meal that has comfort food written all over it.
Dutch Oven Pot Roast
- 5 quart cast iron Dutch oven
- 3-5 lb beef roast chuck roast is my favorite cut for this
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2½ lbs red potatoes cubed in 1 inch pieces
- 6 carrots cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 celery stalks diced
- 1 yellow onion small; diced
- 29 oz beef broth two 14.5 oz cans
- ¼ tsp black pepper ground
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp thyme ground
- ½ tsp rosemary dried
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a 5 quart Dutch oven.
- Season all sides of the roast with salt and pepper.
- Sear roast until browned on all sides.
- Layer potatoes, carrots, celery and onion in Dutch oven.
- Add beef broth around the edges of the Dutch oven.
- Add Thyme and Rosemary to the top.
- Cover and bake at 200°F for 8 hours.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.