Everyone’s favorite St. Patrick’s Day meal, this Dutch Oven Corned Beef and Cabbage is loaded with flavor and great all year long.
Dutch Oven Corned Beef and Cabbage
Everyone's favorite St. Patrick's Day meal, this Dutch Oven Corned Beef and Cabbage is loaded with flavor and great all year long.
- 7 qt Dutch Oven
- 4 lbs. flat cut corned beef with seasoning packet
- 20 oz. water
- 5 red potatoes (4-6); halved
- 4 carrots cut into chunks
- 2 onions (medium in size); halved
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 green cabbage sliced
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Rinse the corned beef and blot with paper towels.
- Place meat in the dutch oven with seasoning packet and water.
- Cover and bake 1 hour.
- Reduce the temperature to 300°F and bake 1½ hours more.
- Add the vegetables and rosemary.
- Cover and bake an additional 1½ hours.
- Serve and Enjoy
Dipping Sauce for Corned BeefThis Mustard Sauce is optional for serving. Mix together:
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp sugar.
Calories: 792kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 163mg | Sodium: 3774mg | Potassium: 2147mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 6955IU | Vitamin C: 157mg | Calcium: 124mg | Iron: 7mg