Dutch Oven Lamb Shanks to wow your family, friends and anyone else that you are sharing a meal with.
Dutch Oven Lamb Shanks
Servings: 6 people
- 2.5 quart Dutch Oven
- 3 lb lamb shank
- 2 tbsp flour all purpose
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- 4 sprigs dill finely chopped
- ½ medium onion sliced in half moons
- 1 lemon thinly slicked and seeds picked out
- 5 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 16 oz orzo pasta cooked according to package
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Season the lamb shanks with salt and pepper and dust with the flour, shaking off any excess.
- In a 2.5 quart Dutch oven, heat olive oil.
- Sear the lamb shanks on all sides over moderately high heat.
- Add chicken broth and onion.
- Add dill to all sides of lamb shanks and add to dutch oven.
- Add sliced lemons to the Dutch oven and cover.
- Bake for 4-5 hours until lamb is 165 degrees internal temperature.
Serve lamb shank over orzo pasta.
Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 438mg | Potassium: 463mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 148mg | Iron: 3mg