Dutch Oven Lamb Shanks to wow your family, friends and anyone else that you are sharing a meal with.
- 1-2 lamb shanks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Mediterranean extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 dill sprigs finely chopped dill
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced in half moons
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced, and seeds picked out
- 5 oz crumbled feta cheese
- Cooked orzo, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Season the lamb shanks with salt and pepper and dust with the flour, shaking off any excess. In a 2.5 quart Dutch oven, heat olive oil.
- Sear the lamb shanks on all sides over moderately high heat.
- Add chicken broth and onion.
- Add dill to all sides of lamb shanks and add to dutch oven.
- Add sliced lemons to the Dutch oven and cover.
- Bake for 4-5 hours until lamb is 165 degrees internal temperature.
Lamb Provided by Morgan Valley Lamb: http://morganvalleylamb.com