Dutch Oven Braised Short Ribs is an awesome slow cooked beef recipe that has French flair.
Dutch Oven Braised Short Ribs
- 5 quart Dutch Oven
- 8 beef ribs bone-in
- ¼ cup flour
- 6 slices pancetta diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin; chipotle flavored
- 1 cup onion diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 2 shallots diced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously season each beef rib with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- In a 5 quart dutch oven, fry pancetta on medium heat. Render the fat and remove pancetta for later. Leave the fat and add olive oil. Turn heat to medium-high heat and braise each beef rib.
- Remove ribs and set on a plate for later. Add carrots, onions and shallots and cook for about 2 or 3 minutes. Add 2 cups beef broth and bring to a boil. Add 2 more cups of beef broth with salt and pepper until the desired taste.
- Add beef ribs to the liquid, bring to a simmer then add pancetta, thyme and rosemary. Cover and bake for 2-3 hours. Turn heat down to 325 and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Serve on top of mashed potatoes.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.