Dutch Oven Chicken Chili has a tex mex flair and is a great use of rotisserie chicken.
Dutch Oven Chicken Chili
- 5 quart Dutch Oven
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced; or ½ tsp garlic powder
- 32 oz chicken broth low sodium
- 4 oz chopped green chiles canned
- 2 cups yellow corn
- 2 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper ground
- 43.5 oz black beans canned, drained (3, 14.5 oz cans)
- Add oil to 5 quart Dutch Oven and heat. Brown chicken on all sides.
- Add onion and garlic to Dutch Oven and cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add broth, chiles, oregano, cumin, salt, corn and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Once boiling add beans and turn heat to medium. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and shread, add back into Dutch oven.
- Garnish with ingredients from recipe notes.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.