- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound uncooked medium shell pasta
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 ounces Parmesan shredded
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Bring to a boil pasta until it is soft, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add noodles and water, Stir in garlic, about 30 seconds. Stir in water, pasta, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, basil, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Drop large spoonfuls of ricotta on top of pasta. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan. Bake until cheese is melted , about 15 to 20 minutes.