Skillet Bacon Cheese Chicken is a fabulous and healthy option for family dinner.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 (4- to 5-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small (1/2 cup) onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon in 12″ cast iron skillet on medium low heat, set aside.
- Add butter to the skillet and add chicken breasts.
- Cook until no longer pink on the inside. About 15 minutes.
- Add chicken to 10″ cast iron skillet.
- Cook onions, bacon and garlic powder in 12″ skillet until onions are translucent.
- Spoon mixture over chicken breasts.
- Add cheese, parsley and pepper on top of chicken.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted on top.
Credit: Adapted from: https://www.landolakes.com/recipe/17796/chicken-with-bacon-cheese-topping/