Are you looking for a delicious, hearty meal to make on busy weeknights? Look no further than this skillet bacon cheese chicken dish. This one-pan wonder is sure to become a family favorite, and it’s easy enough that even the most novice of home cooks can master it. Ready to learn more? Let’s get started!
Ingredients You’ll Need
For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients: boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded cheddar cheese, bacon, butter, garlic powder, diced onion, parsley, and salt and pepper.
There you have it—the ultimate skillet bacon cheese chicken dish! This one-pan wonder is sure to please even picky eaters at mealtime with its cheesy goodness and crunchy bacon topping. Best of all? It comes together quickly but looks like an impressive feast fit for company! So why not give this comforting classic a try tonight when time is limited but tastebuds are ready for something delicious? Enjoy!
Skillet Bacon Cheese Chicken
- 12" Cast Iron Skillet
- 10" cast iron skillet
- 6 bacon slices
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- ½ cup onion finely diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook bacon in 12" cast iron skillet on medium low heat, set aside.
- Add butter to the skillet and add chicken breasts.
- Cook until no longer pink on the inside. About 15 minutes.
- Add chicken to 10" cast iron skillet.
- Cook onions, bacon and garlic powder in 12" skillet until onions are translucent.
- Spoon mixture over chicken breasts.
- Add cheese, parsley and pepper on top of chicken.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted on top.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.