Dutch oven mini corndogs are a delicious and fun snack that are perfect for parties, game days, or just as a special treat.
Made with a sweet and savory cornmeal batter, these bite-sized hot dogs are crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside. The unique texture and flavor combination of the batter and the hot dog make for a snack that is irresistible and satisfying. Whether you make them for your friends and family or enjoy them as a fun and tasty snack for yourself, Dutch oven mini corndogs are sure to be a hit.
Dutch Oven Mini Corndogs
- 10" Dutch Oven
- 16 wooden skewers
- 5 cups vegetable oil
- 8 hotdogs cut in half
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar or honey
- 1 tbsp shortening
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 egg
- Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
- Add cut shortening into the mixture.
- Add milk and eggs to cornmeal mixture and mix until combined.
- Add 5 cups of vegetable oil to 10″ Dutch oven and heat oil on medium heat on a stove top.
- Cook hotdogs in a pot using cold water and add hotdogs immediately. Once the water comes to a boil remove hotdogs and pat dry.
- Insert wooden bamboo stick into each hotdog and dip into mixture.
- Dip hotdog with mixture in vegetable oil and cook until golden brown. Should be about 2-3 minutes for each hotdog.
- Serve with mustard.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.