n id="dpsp-post-content-markup" data-image-pin-it="false">
- 1 lb sea scallops, side muscle removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to 12″ Cast iron skillet and bring to medium heat.
- Add butter, garlic powder and parsley to skillet stir until combined.
- Once skillet has gotten hot, add scallops to the pan and sear 2 minutes on each side. Scallops should be golden brown on each side. Remove scallops and set aside.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve while hot.