- 6-8 large handfuls of corn tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups jarlsburg cheese, shredded (Monterey or Pepperjack can be substituted)
- 1 (15 oz) can of chili (your favorite brand works)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sliced, pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 1/2 cup slice in half grape tomatoes
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef in a 12″ cast iron skillet. Add Taco Seasoning as directed.
- Drain ground beef and and other fat and wipe skillet out.
- In 12″ skillet, top a few handfuls of chips with half the can of chili, 1/2 ground beef mixture, 1/2 of the cheddar cheese, and 1/2 of the pepper jack cheese. Repeat the layering; chips, chili, cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and gooey.
- Quickly top with the black olives, jalapeños, diced tomato, sour cream, and green onions. Serve hot with a side of salsa. Enjoy!
Note: Less chips can be used and this can be done in a 10″ skillet as show in the picture.
Adapted from: IWashYouDry (http://www.iwashyoudry.com/2013/06/14/macho-nachos/)