Quick Pizza Dough that will be perfect for your Cast Iron Pizza.
Quick Pizza Dough
- 10" cast iron skillet
- 2 tsp active dry yeast or 1 package
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 ½ cups flour all-purpose; you may need additional flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp salt
- cornmeal for sprinkling skillet
- Heat your oven to 450°F.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water. Let stand a few minutes, until the yeast becomes frothy.
- Add the flour, olive oil and salt and stir until a soft dough forms.. If not, mix in additional flour a tablespoon at a time until it is not sticking to the spoon. If it's too dry, mix in additional water a tablespoon at a time until it forms the right textured dough.
- Roll the dough into a ball and flatten.
- Let the dough rest 3 to 5 minutes while you gather your pizza toppings. If desired, store dough coated in olive oil in a zip top bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to a month.
- Roll dough to desired thickness and shape and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.