Apple Skillet Cake is a great dessert to share take over to your neighbors.
Apple Skillet Cake
- 10" cast iron skillet
- 3 apples peeled and sliced, Granny Smith
- ¼ cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 tbsp cane syrup sub for pancake syrup if needed
- ½ tsp apple pie spice
- 1 ⅓ cups flour all-purpose
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup whole milk warmed
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 egg large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray 10″ cast iron skillet with butter spray.
- In 1 medium bowl mix, apples, brown sugar, cane syrup, apple pie spice and mix together.
- In another medium bowl whisk together, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, egg, milk and vanilla extract together.
- Mix the small milk mixture and the flour mixture until fully mixed together.
- Add batter to 10″ skillet and then top with apples.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until done.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.