Skillet Sausage Gravy with Biscuits is an ultimate breakfast that will fill you up! Serve with buttermilk biscuits and enjoy.
- 10" cast iron skillet
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup yellow onion minced
- ⅛ tsp thyme dried
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat 10" cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- Crumble sausage and add to skillet.
- Cook fully and drain renderings, set aside.
- Add butter, onion and garlic to same skillet.
- Cook until onions are golden.
- Add flour, pepper, cayenne and thyme, whisk constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually add whipping cream and chicken broth stirring so not to clump gravy.
- Add sausage and continue to stir until gravy is at desired consistency.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.