https://www.dutchovendaddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/IMG_8291_gJFSfE18TgaQAhpqGrxX-3024x3024.jpg 1920 1920 Ned Adams https://www.dutchovendaddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Dutchovendaddylogo_web.png Ned Adams2017-05-02 10:39:562021-03-27 21:25:52Skillet Sausage Gravy
Skillet Sausage Gravy
Skillet Sausage Gravy with Biscuits is an ultimate breakfast that will fill you up! Serve with buttermilk biscuits and enjoy.
Servings: 6 people
- 10" cast iron skillet
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 2 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup yellow onion minced
- ⅛ tsp thyme dried
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp black pepper ground
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat 10" cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- Crumble sausage and add to skillet.
- Cook fully and drain renderings, set aside.
- Add butter, onion and garlic to same skillet.
- Cook until onions are golden.
- Add flour, pepper, cayenne and thyme, whisk constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually add whipping cream and chicken broth stirring so not to clump gravy.
- Add sausage and continue to stir until gravy is at desired consistency.
Serve over Buttermilk Biscuits: https://www.dutchovendaddy.com/2016-06-28-buttermilk-biscuits/
Calories: 559kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 27g | Cholesterol: 173mg | Sodium: 689mg | Potassium: 297mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1359IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg
Did you try this recipe?Leave me a comment and rating below or Tag @DutchOvenDaddy on Instagram to show us your photos!
Excellent recipe‼️‼️ The only change I made was to use a full pound of sausage. The family loved it too❗️
Awesome! Great suggestion! Glad you and your family loved it!