Skillet Roasted Smoked Sausage and Potatoes is a hearty dinner option that comes together in minutes and will be on the table in an hour.
Skillet Roasted Smoked Sausage and Potatoes
- 15-inch cast iron skillet
- 16 oz. smoked sausage sliced
- 1½ cups red onion (1 medium); sliced
- 3 lbs russet potatoes (5 potatoes); ½" cubed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- ½ tsp salt +/-, to taste
- ½ tsp pepper +/-, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients except for cheddar cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Add mixture to the cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Top with cheddar cheese and return to the oven for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.