Dutch Oven Ribs is a great recipe that slow cooks perfectly in a Dutch oven while camping or sporting event.
Dutch Oven Ribs
- 14" Dutch Oven
- 1 rack ribs trimmed; I used baby back ribs
- seasoning rub of your choice, I used an applewood rub
- 1 bell pepper red
- 1 bell pepper yellow
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 bottle bbq sauce of your choice
- 1 can beef broth
- Wash and trim ribs.
- Remove skin on back of ribs. Using a paper towel will make it easier to peal the skin off the back. Dry completely.
- Apply a light coating of Honey mustard to all surfaces of ribs and coat your ribs with the BBQ rub on all sides.
- Slice Bell peppers and Onion, place in bottom of Dutch oven.
- Place rubbed ribs on top of Bell peppers and Onion.
- Pour BBQ sauce on top of ribs, enough to cover thickly.
- Pour the whole can of beef broth in the bottom.
- Try to cook at least two hours.
- 350°F seems to be the best for me.
- Cook up to three hrs and you might have to use a spoon to eat your ribs.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.