https://www.dutchovendaddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/IMG_2857-3024x4032.jpg 2560 1920 Ned Adams https://www.dutchovendaddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Dutchovendaddylogo_web.png Ned Adams2017-09-11 01:51:392022-02-21 11:32:20Bacon Wrapped Sandhill Crane
Bacon Wrapped Sandhill Crane is a very lean delicious meal. Sandhill Crane is sometimes known as “Ribeye of the Sky” because of its similarity to a cut of ribeye beef.
Bacon Wrapped Sandhill Crane
Bacon Wrapped Sandhill Crane is a very lean delicious meal. Sandhill Crane is sometimes known as "Ribeye of the Sky" because of its similarity to a cut of ribeye beef.
Servings: 4 people
- 12" Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 Sandhill crane boneless, skinless (chicken can be used as well)
- 24 oz bacon
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Brine crane breasts for 24 hours in enough water to cover the breasts with 3-5 tablespoons of salt.
- Dry meat and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cut bacon strips in half crosswise and wrap each piece of crane with a section of bacon, securing with a toothpick in the center.
- Heat olive oil in 12 inch cast iron skillet over medium low heat.
- Add bacon wrapped crane pieces to the skillet and cook until bacon is browned on all sides. Remove toothpicks.
The Sandhill Crane in this recipe was acquired by a valid hunting license and was harvested legally.
Calories: 2208kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 146g | Fat: 175g | Saturated Fat: 52g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 33g | Monounsaturated Fat: 76g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 613mg | Sodium: 1666mg | Potassium: 1600mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 998IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 7mg
Did you try this recipe?Leave me a comment and rating below or Tag @DutchOvenDaddy on Instagram to show us your photos!