- 2 boneless skinless Sandhill crane breasts
- 24 oz bacon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Brine crane breasts for 24 hours in enough water to cover the breasts with 3-5 tablespoons of salt.
- Dry meat and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cut bacon strips in half crosswise and wrap each piece of crane with a section of bacon, securing with a toothpick in the center.
- Heat olive oil in 12 inch cast iron skillet over medium low heat.
- Add bacon wrapped crane pieces to the skillet and cook until bacon is browned on all sides. Remove toothpicks.
Bacon Wrapped Sandhill Crane is a very lean delicious meal. Sandhill Crane is sometimes known as “Ribeye of the Sky” because of its similarity to a cut of ribeye beef. The Sandhill Crane in this recipe was acquired by a valid hunting license and was harvested legally.