Meatball Subs are a beautiful hearty sandwich that will feed your crew!
- 16 oz bottle of Sprigati Sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 6 submarine bread buns
- 6 slices of mozzarella cheese cut in half
- 16-18 homemade skillet meatballs (recipe found here: https://www.dutchovendaddy.com/skillet-italian-meatballs)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 12″ Cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- Add meatballs and Sprigati Sauce and beef broth to skillet.
- Bring to simmer.
- Simmer until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add meatballs with a spoonful of sauce to each submarine bread bun.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Add made sandwiches to 14″ Cast iron skillet and bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese melts.
Sprigati Sauce can be found here: http://www.sprigati.com