There’s nothing more comforting than a big bowl of Dutch Oven Chicken Noodle Soup when you’ve got a cold, it’s cold outside, or for any occasion.
Dutch Oven Chicken Noodle Soup
- 6 quart Dutch Oven
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 tsp garlic minced/grated
- 5 carrots sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups cooked chicken cubed/shredded
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 8 cups water
- 2 tsp salt +/-, to taste
- ½ tsp pepper +/-, to taste
- 4 oz extra wide egg noodles
- ¼ cup fresh flat leaf parsley minced
- In a large Dutch oven over medium high heat, saute onions in olive oil until they soften and become translucent; 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, carrots, and celery; sauté 1 minute more.
- Add the chicken, water, soy sauce, salt, and ground pepper; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in egg noodles and fresh parsley; simmer 10 minutes more.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Serve and enjoy.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.