Chicken n’ Dumplins are such great comfort food when you need to warm you up.
Chicken n’ Dumplins
- 12" Dutch Oven
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic fresh; minced
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 2 tsp ground thyme
- 2 ½ cups flour all-purpose; divided
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted; cubed
- ½ cup whole milk
- 4 cups chicken shredded
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- In a 5 quart dutch oven heat olive oil over medium heat cook onion, carrot, celery, garlic until soft. Add chicken broth and ground thyme and bring to a boil.
- In a seperate medium bowl, mix 2 cups flour, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cut butter into flour mixture. Stir whole milk in until a dough forms. Roll dough out on a floured surface and cut into 1 by 3 inch pieces that are about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- Add dumplings into stock making sure they don’t stick to the bottom. Cook for 15 minutes and reduce to low heat at the end of the 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl add 1/2 cup flour with 2 cups of chicken stock from the 5 quart dutch oven. Whisk together until smooth and thick. Add parsley, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper and chicken. Add mixture to dutch oven and simmer for 30 minutes.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.