Dutch Oven Broccoli Cheese Chowder is delicious when you need a meal to warm you up. Serve in a bread bowl.
- 16 ounces broccoli
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- pepper to taste
- Steam broccoli in microwave until tender. Do not overcook.
- Saute diced onion in a 5 quart Dutch oven in 1/4 cup butter. Set the onions aside.
- In a Dutch oven melt 1/2 cup butter, stir in flour and slowly add milk chicken broth and salt and pepper.
- Stir until sauce comes to a boil. It will thicken after a minute or two.
- Add broccoli, onions and cheese stirring frequently.
- Serve with warm bread and enjoy!