Dutch Oven Broccoli Cheese Chowder is delicious when you need a meal to warm you up. Serve in a bread bowl.
Dutch Oven Broccoli Cheese Chowder
- 5 quart Dutch Oven
- 16 oz broccoli
- 1 onion medium; diced
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups cheddar cheese sharp; grated
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- Steam broccoli in microwave until tender. Do not overcook.
- Saute diced onion in a 5 quart Dutch oven in 1/4 cup butter. Set the onions aside.
- In a Dutch oven melt 1/2 cup butter, stir in flour and slowly add milk chicken broth and salt and pepper.
- Stir until sauce comes to a boil. It will thicken after a minute or two.
- Add broccoli, onions and cheese stirring frequently.
- Serve with warm bread and enjoy!
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.