Cedar Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon is a really delicious camp recipe that will feed a lot of people.
Cedar Baked Lemon Pepper Salmon
- 14" Dutch Oven
- 1 tbsp lemon zest grated, minced
- 1 ½ tsp fresh thyme chopped
- ½ tsp sugar
- 4 lbs salmon filets skin on, 2 filets
- 1 package fresh thyme
- 1 package fresh dill
- 6 lemons sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together lemon zest, 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Place Salmon fillets on cedar planks skin side on planks. Rub mixture on each fillet. Then add 1 Tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil on each fillet.
- Add 1 plank in the bottom of a 14″ Dutch oven. Then add about half a package of fresh thyme and a half a package of fresh dill. Spread the slices from 3 lemons all around the bottom.
- Add the second plank so that it doesn’t touch the top of the first plank and add remaining thyme, dill and lemon slices.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (If using charcoal, rotate lid every 15 minutes). The salmon should turn light pink.
Dutch Oven Daddy is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.