16 ounces broccoli
1 medium onion, diced
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
4 cups milk
1 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
pepper to taste
1. Steam broccoli in microwave until tender. Do not overcook.
2. Saute diced onion in a 5 quart Dutch oven in 1/4 cup butter. Set the onions aside.
3. In a Dutch oven melt 1/2 cup butter, stir in flour and slowly add milk chicken broth and salt and pepper.
4. Stir until sauce comes to a boil. It will thicken after a minute or two.
5. Add broccoli, onions and cheese stirring frequently.
6. Serve with warm bread and enjoy!
Credit Jeff Rodgers http://theculinaryfanatic.com/
2 Jars drained marinated artichoke hearts
1/2 cup mayo
1 cup parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons Redstone Baklouti Olive Oil
black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine ingredients in bowl and mix well.
3. Add mixture to a 10" cast iron skillet and bake for 20-30 minutes.
Credit: Redstone Olive Oil Company ( www.redstoneoliveoil.com )
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
3 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 whole Large Onion, Diced
1 pound Italian Sausage
1 pound Ground Beef
1 can (28 Oz. Size) Whole Tomatoes, With Juice
2 cans (14.5 Ounce) Tomato Sauce Or Marinara Sauce
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
Salt And Pepper, to taste
16 ounces, weight Ziti Or Mostaciolli, Cooked Until Not Quite Al Dente
1 tub (15 Oz. Size) Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
1-1/2 pound Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 whole Egg
Fresh Minced Parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for several minutes, or until starting to soften. Add Italian sausage and ground beef and cook until browned. Drain off fat, leaving a bit behind for flavor and moisture.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato juice, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Stir and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. After that time, remove 3 to 4 cups of the sauce to a different bowl to cool down.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 2 cups of the grated mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, and salt and pepper. Stir together just a couple of times (do not mix completely).
6. Drain the pasta and rinse under cool water to stop the cooking and cool it down. Pour it into the bowl with the cheese mixture and toss to slightly combine (there should still be large lumps.) Add the cooled meat sauce and toss to combine.
7. Add half the coated pasta to a large 5 quart Dutch Oven. Spoon half of the remaining sauce over the top, then top with half the remaining mozzarella cheese. Repeat with another layer of the coated pasta, the sauce, and the mozzarella.
8. Bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbling. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Credit: Pioneer Woman - http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/baked-ziti/
Note: This will feed a lot of people and would be easily halved for a smaller audience.