- 3 eggs separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp butter (cut into fourths)
- Spray Cast iron aebelskiver pan with buttered cooking spray and preheat to low heat on the stove top.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add egg yokes (save egg whites for later step)
- Mix all ingredients until combined well. (except for egg whites)
- Add beaten egg whites.
- Mix until the consistency of pancake batter.
- Fill each Ebleskiver cup 3/4 full of mixture.
- Turn with a fork or knitting needle when the batter started to pull away from the pan.
- They will be ready to plate when both sides are golden brown.
- Optional you may drop 1 tsp applesauce in the center after you fill the cup.
- Serve with honey or syrup.
Credit: Adams Cookbook