Cast Iron Cheesy Hassleback Potatoes are great anytime, load them with cheese and you have yourself a fantastic meal.
Cast Iron Cheesy Hassleback Potatoes
Cast Iron Cheesy Hassleback Potatoes are a great anytime, load them with cheese and you have yourself a fantastic meal.
Servings: 4 people
- 12" Cast Iron Skillet
- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 8 cheddar cheese slices, cut into ½ inch squares
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice 1/8" slits in the potatoes without cutting all the way through.
- Melt butter in small microwave safe bowl.
- Add potatoes to a 12" cast iron skillet and baste with butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Add cheese every 2 slit of each potato.
- Top each potato with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with parsley and serve.
I used two table knifes to put on each side of the potato so we didn’t cut through.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 888mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 2mg