- 4 Russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 to 12 thin slices cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice 1/8″ slits in the potatoes without cutting all the way through. I used two table knifes to put on each side of the potato so we didn’t cut through.
- Melt butter.
- Add potatoes to a 12″ or 13″ Cast iron skillet and baste with butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Add cheese every 2 slit of each potato.
- Sprinkle with each potato with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with parsley and serve.