5 cups vegetable oil
1 package hotdogs (hotdogs cut in half)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar (or 1/2 tsp honey)
1 Tbsp shortening
1/3 C milk
1. Mix flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
2. Add cut shortening into the mixture.
3. Add milk and eggs to cornmeal mixture and mix until combined
6. Add 5 cups of vegetable oil to 10" Dutch oven and heat oil on medium heat on a stove top.
4. Cook hotdogs in a pot using cold water and add hotdogs immediately. Once the water comes to a boil remove hotdogs and pat dry.
5. Insert wooden bamboo stick into each hotdog and dip into mixture.
4. Dip hotdog with mixture in vegetable oil and cook until golden brown. Should be about 2-3 minutes for each hotdog.
4. Serve with mustard.