3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 teaspoons chocolate-hazelnut spread (I used Nutella)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9″ cast iron wedge pan or 9″ cast iron skillet with non stick cooking spray.
In medium bowl mix together brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients slowly until mixed well together. Pour batter in each wedge or in the skillet. Add teaspoon of Nutella in each wedge swirling with a toothpick.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Credit: Cast Iron Desserts 2016 Magazine (page 19)
1.Mix ingredients together and cover each fillet with mixture and wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
2. Unwrap salmon and add to 13" cast iron skillet.
3. Start smoker on smoke setting and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Increase smoker setting to 225 degrees and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Serve with lemons.
1. In a 10 inch skillet over
medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
2. Add the onion and cook until softened- about 5 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato and cook for another 5 minutes until the potato is warmed through.
4. Make 4 little spaces in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
5. Cover and continue to cook until desired doneness. About 5-7 minutes for eggs that are still runny.
6. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg.
7. Serve straight from the skillet.