5 apples (I used 3 Granny Smith and 2 Honey Crisp)
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
2 tsp of cinnamon
2 pie crusts
1/2 cup of butter
Peel and chop 5 apples.
Melt butter in a 10″ cast iron skillet. Add brown sugar and stir until mixed well. Add 1 pie crust to the top of the mixture.
In a bowl mix sugar, apples and cinnamon. Mix well. Then add to the top of the pie crust.
Cover with remaining pie crust and brush the top with egg white. Cut several slits in the pie. Make sure you seal the two pie crusts.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Credit: Crisbee Cast Iron Seasoning ( http://www.crisbee.org/cast-iron-recipes )
Check out Crisbee’s Video on how to make this wonderful pie!
1.Mix ingredients together and cover each fillet with mixture and wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
2. Unwrap salmon and add to 13" cast iron skillet.
3. Start smoker on smoke setting and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Increase smoker setting to 225 degrees and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Serve with lemons.
1. In a 10 inch skillet over
medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
2. Add the onion and cook until softened- about 5 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato and cook for another 5 minutes until the potato is warmed through.
4. Make 4 little spaces in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
5. Cover and continue to cook until desired doneness. About 5-7 minutes for eggs that are still runny.
6. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg.
7. Serve straight from the skillet.