1 Tbs. grated lemon zest, minced
1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 2-lb. boneless, skin-on salmon fillets
1 package of fresh thyme
1 package of fresh dill
6 lemons sliced
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
In a medium mixing bowl mix together lemon zest, 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme, sugar, salt and pepper.
Place Salmon fillets on cedar planks skin side on planks. Rub mixture on each fillet. Then add 1 Tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil on each fillet.
Add 1 plank in the bottom of a 14″ Dutch oven. Then add about half a package of fresh thyme and a half a package of fresh dill. Spread the slices from 3 lemons all around the bottom.
Add the second plank so that it doesn’t touch the top of the first plank and add remaining thyme, dill and lemon slices.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (If using charcoal, rotate lid every 15 minutes). The salmon should turn light pink.
1.Mix ingredients together and cover each fillet with mixture and wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
2. Unwrap salmon and add to 13" cast iron skillet.
3. Start smoker on smoke setting and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Increase smoker setting to 225 degrees and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Serve with lemons.
1. In a 10 inch skillet over
medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
2. Add the onion and cook until softened- about 5 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato and cook for another 5 minutes until the potato is warmed through.
4. Make 4 little spaces in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
5. Cover and continue to cook until desired doneness. About 5-7 minutes for eggs that are still runny.
6. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg.
7. Serve straight from the skillet.