8 bone-in beef ribs
1/4 cup flour
6 pieces of pancetta diced
2 tablespoons of chipotle flavored olive oil
1 medium onion diced
3 whole carrots diced
2 shallots finely diced
4 cups of beef broth
salt and pepper to taste
4 springs of thyme
4 springs of rosemary
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Generously season each beef rib with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
In a 5 quart dutch oven, fry pancetta on medium heat. Render the fat and remove pancetta for later. Leave the fat and add olive oil. Turn heat to medium-high heat and braise each beef rib.
Remove ribs and set on a plate for later. Add carrots, onions and shallots and cook for about 2 or 3 minutes. Add 2 cups beef broth and bring to a boil. Add 2 more cups of beef broth with salt and pepper until the desired taste.
Add beef ribs to the liquid, bring to a simmer then add pancetta, thyme and rosemary. Cover and bake for 2-3 hours. Turn heat down to 325 and bake for another 30 minutes.
Serve on top of mashed potatoes.
Credit: Adapted from Ree Drummond ( http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/braised-short-ribs-heaven-on-a-plate/ )
1.Mix ingredients together and cover each fillet with mixture and wrap in aluminum foil and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
2. Unwrap salmon and add to 13" cast iron skillet.
3. Start smoker on smoke setting and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Increase smoker setting to 225 degrees and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Serve with lemons.
1. In a 10 inch skillet over
medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
2. Add the onion and cook until softened- about 5 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato and cook for another 5 minutes until the potato is warmed through.
4. Make 4 little spaces in the mixture and crack an egg into each one.
5. Cover and continue to cook until desired doneness. About 5-7 minutes for eggs that are still runny.
6. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over each egg.
7. Serve straight from the skillet.